This weblog contains LocallyGrown.net news and the weblog entries from all the markets currently using the system.
To visit the authoring market’s website, click on the market name located in the entry’s title.
McColloms Market: December FFFN Order Is Open
The December order is now open until Monday, December 10th at 5 pm. Here’s the link to the site: http://mccollomsmarketsl.locallygrown.net/
Pick up will be at 103 Helen in Saranac Lake on Wed., December 12th from 5 pm to 6:45 pm.
If you have any issues with the pick up, please call me that day on my cell phone. The number is: 518-418-9236.
Conway, AR: CLG Pickup 4pm today!
This is a pickup reminder for those of you who ordered this week. Thank you for your order. You can pick up your order from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. today at Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church at 925 Mitchell Street in Conway.
Remember to bring your glass jars for recycling, and bags for ordered items.
See you this afternoon. Have a great day!
Suwanee Whole Life Co-op: Co-op Market is Open for ordering
Good Morning Everyone,
The market is now open for ordering!
Have a wonderful weekend!
ALFN Local Food Club: Weblog Entry
No time for lollygagging this morning, friends. Lots of news to share, but this is not the time! What you need to know right now is this:
The Market is open. Here are some things you might like:
- Our Market will be closed for the week of Christmas (you might not like that?), meaning that it will not be opening the 23rd for ordering and there will be no pickup on the 29th. We WILL, however, have the market open on the 16th for the 22nd pickup, so we can all get our groceries in for the feasting.
- Crimmins is back, with delicious, organic greens, root veggies, and sweet potatoes.
- Maison Terre has uploaded their Holiday Country Terrine. Here’s her description:
“Ingredients: pork, veal, beef, salt pork, pancetta, prosciutto, onion, garlic, black peppercorns, figs, pistachios, cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme, garlic, allspice, bay, eggs, heavy cream, cognac, and olive oil. For the holidays, the Tea Room will be serving a truly decadent and wonderfully delicious terrine. We thought we would make them available whole to you. This terrine reminds me of one that my Delta grandmother made this time of the year. It also reminds me of the country terrines I sampled during from my travels in Europe. Perhaps Grandmother Brown’s recipe was passed down over many generations. Serve with bread and cornichons as an hors d’oeuvres or as an appetizer, or over a bed or your favorite greens and with vegetable side dishes as a main course.”
- Tammy Sue’s Critters makes some perfect stocking stuffer gifts: lotions, soaps, candles, etc.
- Arkansas Fresh has uploaded their Birdseed Multigrain. You know, that multigrain sandwich bread everyone is so crazy about!
- Hardin has their fully cracked Desirable Pecans. Spiced Pecans anyone?
- North Pulaski’s Tat Soi is still the most beautiful leafery I’ve ever seen. Mild and tasty!
- I made a boo-boo last weekend: our One Year Membership gift certificates are on sale for $50. Two free months, folks. Wow.
- If you have a juicer: we sampled a fantastic concoction of apples, sorrel, radish, and kale yesterday. Bright green and surprisingly sweet!
- Armstead Farm’s done for the season, and they’ve asked me to forward the following message to ya’ll:
“Dear Members and Volunteers,
We have made our last delivery for the 2012 season and are already planning for a 2013 return. Thank you all so much for your support of both our farm and ALFN. We truly appreciate your dedication to the local sustainable agricultural movement.We also wish to remind you to always feel free to make comments, suggestions or critique our products.This is valuable feedback in helping us provide the best quality, freshest produce. Again, big thanks to you – we farmers cannot do what we do without you. Very happy Holidays to you and your family and best wishes for a Healthy, Happy New Year,
Sue and Rusty Nuffer/Armstead Mountain Farm”
How about that? OK, that’s all I’m saying. Nope, no more information for now. I’ve got a whole newsletter coming with even MORE juicy news, so just you wait.
Suwanee Whole Life Co-op: Co-op News:Bulk Cheese Order and New Items
Swainsboro, GA: pickup today
Just a reminder for everyone, pickup is this afternoon from 4-5pm at Crossroads Cafe
Just a reminder to those who placed an order this week that pick-up is tomorrow at the Farmers Co-op on East Main St. in Russellville.
The market is also open for placing orders which will be available for pick-up at the same place on Friday, Dec. 14.
The Cumming Harvest: Green Pasture Coconut Oil and Cod Liver Oil Order
GREEN PASTURE order for December
I will be placing an order for Cod Liver Oil and Coconut oil on December 15th. You can email your order or sign up at Saturday pickup.
Payment is due on delivery.
You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can research Green Pasture at www.greenpasture.org
Local Farms First: Order Pick Up Reminder!
Greetings local food lovers!
Don’t forget to pick up your order today between 4-6 PM!
Crested Butte: The CB Pick-Up Location is now at Montanya Distillery, 130 Elk Avenue.
Gunnison: Upstairs at the ORE Office (202 E. Georgia).
Paonia: At the Trading Post Wednesday evening or Thursday anytime.
Thanks for supporting local family farms!
Market Manager LocalFarmsFirst.com – a 501c3 non-profit
click here to start shopping on the website
Homegrown Co-op: Market now Open for Saturday pick up or delivery!