These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Carrot Ginger Soup
From Champaign, OH
<p>We had a mess of sweet winter carrots, and needed something new to try with them. Here we found a winning recipe.</p>Source: Kitchen Revelry Cookbook by Ali Larter - featured in Family Circle Magazine March 2014 (Entered by Lee Ruff)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add onion; saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, broth, orange juice, ginger, and lemon juice; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Puree soup with an blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan and stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper. Reheat over medium heat until hot and serve.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings