These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Butternut Squash Soup
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>These squash are healthy and loaded with nutrients and have a more dense texture than summer squash making them ideal for soups and stews.</p>Source: GRIT Magazine (Entered by Market Manager)
Step by Step Instructions
- Melt the butter in a large stockpot. Add the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and squash, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in enough chicken stock to cover the vegetables, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender, food processor, or use a hand blender, and blend until partially or completely smooth, depending on personal preference. Return soup to the stockpot, and add enough of the remaining chicken stock to reach desired consistency.
- Heat on low until soup is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings