These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Butternut Squash Grits
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Feel free to substitute any cooked and pureed winter squash or pumpkin here.</p>Source: Homespun Seasonal Living Website (Entered by Market Manager)
Step by Step Instructions
- In a saucepan, combine the water, 1 tablespoon of butter, salt, pepper, and pureed squash.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in the grits, turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Stir frequently, this important to prevent sticking and scorching - stir frequently.
- Cook until the grits are soft and the water has been absorbed - 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from heat, stir in the other tablespoon of butter and serve warm.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings