These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Cinnamon Pear Popovers
From Rural Resources
<p>Nothing says fall to me more than cinnamon flavored anything and everything. These Cinnamon Pear Popovers do not disappoint. They are light and airy with just the right amount of crispness from the pears. Pears are just the first fruit to start with and a delightful change from cinnamon apples. But let’s be honest, cinnamon apples would be phenomenal in these. Or bananas, or cranberries, or blackberries- you see where I’m going with this. I like to eat the popovers for breakfast but they are a light dessert as well in a season full of sweets. Let me know what fruit combinations you try out</p>Source: Onceamonthmom.com (Entered by Rhonda Hensley)
1 cup Flour
0.5 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Milk
2 medium Eggs
3/4 cup chopped pears
1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, milk, and eggs in a bowl and beat untill just smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together pears, sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Spray muffin pan liberally with non-stick cooking spray and fill halfwy full with flour mixture.
- After filling the cups, drop 1 TBSP full of pears into middle of each cup.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings