These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Feta Cheese, Kale and Red Onions
From Hickory Hill CSA
<p>I make homemade feta cheese and always have lots of kale on hand so I thought I would try this out! Total time 30 minutes.</p>Source: Food.com (Entered by Garry Shaw)
Serves: 4 Servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Put in the kale and cook 2 minutes (it should be bright green), drain immediately, put under cold water
- Coarsely chop the Kale.
- In the same pan heat the oil and cook the garlic and onions for about 4 minutes until the onions are clear and the garlic is golden.
- Add a tbsp of water as you are cooking them and it will steam the onions and keep them soft.
- Add kale, salt, pepper half of the feta cheese and the broth.
- Crumble the remaining feta cheese over the veggies just before serving.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings