This weblog contains LocallyGrown.net news and the weblog entries from all the markets currently using the system.
To visit the authoring market’s website, click on the market name located in the entry’s title.
Superior Seasons: One More Week!
Reminder! Ordering is still open, CLICK HERE, until Friday at 9am for Saturday availability! There will be NO delivery on Wednesday the 26th! We will be doing delivery on Saturday the 29th, but the market is closed so no pickups.
Are you having trouble getting ideas for that special person? Our store has lots of great options including gift certificates, farm shares, or put together your own hostess/care packages from a selection of fine local product! It’s easy to order and remember there’s no membership fees until your 3rd order (we’re assuming by then you’re hooked!).
Citrus County Locally Grown: Last Order Before Christmas
Hello CCLG Family and Friends!
This week is the last week to place an order for pickup BEFORE Christmas! If you haven’t noticed there are some new products added last week and this week from soaps to decor, fruits and vegetables, and more!
As always Gift Certificates are available. Don’t forget, a $10 CCLG Gift Certificate can be used to pay for one family’s CCLG membership for a whole year!
The CCLG Team
ALFN Local Food Club: A Change in Monday's Pickup
Christmas approaches, and we have an important announcement: As Monday night is Christmas Eve, we are changing our Monday pickup time to Sunday, 4:30-6. We hope that works for your schedule. If not, Saturday is still an option!
Three more bits of delicious news:
- Falling Sky has whole turkeys + turkey breasts and legs available.
- North Pulaski has organic ripe tomatoes.
- My last weblog should have read “Throes” not “Throws” in the subject line. “Thanks,” to my grammar watchdogs.
Tullahoma Locally Grown: Local Food!
Good Morning All,
Christmas Day is literally just around the corner now, I hope everyone is ready. The market will be closed during Christmas week so stock up on everything you need this week.
We have delicious baked goods, healthy meats, fresh lettuces and greens and don’t forget what a great gift a fresh wreath, swag or homemade soap and lotion combo would be for your loved ones.
Have a great week and I’ll see you on Thursday!
South Cumberland Food Hub: Time to Order Local Food!
Good Morning Everyone,
It’s time to order your local food from the South Cumberland Food Hub. We still have quite a few things available. Be sure to stock up as we will be closed on Christmas Day!
Thank you for supporting your local farmers!
StPete.LocallyGrown.Net: Market NOW Open - Dec. 17, 2012
We thank you for your interest and support of our efforts to bring you the healthiest, the freshest and the most delicious locally-produced foods possible!
Athens Locally Grown: Availability for December 20
Porterdale, GA: Porterdale locally grown
I will be out of town next weekend and am putting the market on hold. Assuming that the Mayans were wrong, we’ll be having the next pickup on the 29th.
Northeast Georgia Locally Grown: Locally Grown - Availability for December 19th, 2012
Hey Local Food Lovers,
It’s hard to believe but we’re already just one week from Christmas. The last couple of weeks of Locally Grown have been nice because we not only have seen some new customers, and some we haven’t seen around in a while, but we’ve had a lot of farmers hanging around the market for folks to meet. Last week Sid Blalock of Burton Mountain Farms was helping Teri to run market at the Clarkesville location, and we also had a special visit from Linda Johnson of Sylvan Falls Mill who let folks taste her delicious Christmas cakes and pastries.
Not only is this the last market before Christmas, it’s the last market of 2012. As you might have guessed we’ll be taking Christmas week off, so the next market won’t be until January 2nd (with ordering that Sunday the 30th of course). We’d really love to end the year with a bang. Last time we checked we were very close to having sold $40,000 for the year. If you guys really go nuts this week we just might make it.
Since we’re exactly 10 days before Christmas I’m gonna give you my top 10 market items you should buy this week.
1) EGGS – holy cow they are back – better go ahead and order 2 or 3 dozen to get through the holidays.
2) Moravian Ginger Cookies – from Mill Gap Farm- you should buy these as stocking stuffers they are so, so good.
3) Cornmeal – A great gift for a taste of the southern charm.
4) Jams and Jellies – A wide selection of Fig, Tomato, Muscadine, Scuppernog, Basil
5) Gift Certificate – help turn someone on to Locally Grown by giving them a gift certificate for fresh food in 2013. Gibson Farms also has a certificate.
6) Buche de Noel Cakes – Sylvan Falls makes an incredible holiday cake and with organic and freshly ground ingredients.
7) Bath Salts – It’s the holidays and its time to relax. Give a gift to yourself or someone you love with these homemade and aromatic bath salts.
8) Microgreens – arugula, brocolli, radish, sunnies, wheatgrass….all miniature and make for incredible salads that are unique, delicate, elegant and flavorful.
9) Dried Peppers – We love to spice up dishes all winter long, and a bunch of peppers in a mason jar is a great artistic piece in any kitchen, so can also be gifted to those spicy loved ones….you know you have one.
10) Fresh Bread – if you’re headed to see family you know it’s quite impressive to show up with a baquette under your arm. So grab some extra carbs to get you through the next two weeks.
You’ll notice I emphasized mainly the processed foods that are a little more shelf stable than our fresh greens, but lately my favorite meals have been those that included turnip and mustard greens cooked in chicken broth, some of those spicy dried chilies and onion. It’s just sooo good!
We hope you have a marvelous Christmas and we thank you again for supporting Locally Grown this year. As soon as we come back in January we’ll be asking for your opinions of what you’d like to buy in 2013 so put your EATING CAPS ON! And thanks to all who published a recipe, told a friend, handed off a business card, or other unique ways that you all have been an integral part of Locally Grown this year. We love our customers! You’re who make this market happen and we appreciate you.
Justin in Habersham
Chuck in Rabun
Statesboro Market2Go: Market 2 Go Christmas Schedule
Many of you have asked — the market will be open as usual over the next 2 weeks. We will NOT close the Thursday between Christmas and New Year’s.
This week is your last chance before Christmas to order gifts, and we have a great selection of local food as well as gift certificates.
Thanks to Lisa Guidos and Denise McGuire for offering to help at the Sugar Magnolia pickup this week. We also need volunteers for Dec. 27 and Jan. 3 while Katy is home for Christmas holidays.