These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>Simple and tasty! Great way to gobble up the fabulous phytonutrients in cabbage.</p>Source: Everydaymaven.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
1 2# cabbage, cut into 1" slices
1/5 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F and brush or spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Remove outer leaf of cabbage; cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1" thick slices.
- Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
- Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
- Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings