These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Suncoast Co-op
<p>This is a great recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I was inspired to make this because I wasn’t feeling well and wanted something I could reheat quickly when I was hungry. Enjoy!</p>Source: http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/spinach_bars.htm (Entered by Deborah Jimenez)
Serves: 12 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- In a frying pan sautee the onion and fresh spinach with 2 TBSPS of butter until onion is translucent and spinach is cooked down. I squeezed a 1/4 lemon into the mixture for added flavor.while cooking down the mixture. This is optional and you can add more or less to your liking.
- Remove from heat and drain any excessive liquid (I didn't have a lot of liquid so I included the little bit of liquid I had when adding to the mixture for extra moisture) and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish while the oven preheats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder and garlic until well blended.
- Add the mushrooms, spinach and cheese, and stir to blend evenly.
- Tip the baking dish or use your finger tips to coat with melted butter, then pour the spinach mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm and golden.
- Cut into bars, and serve warm.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings