These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Chestnut Cornbread Stuffing
From Stones River Market
<p>A gourmet stuffing with new flavors added to traditional.</p>Source: William-Sonoma recipes (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
Serves: 10 to 12
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the corn bread out on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the stock. Remove the pan from the heat and add the dried cherries. Let cool.
- In a fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the bacon and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Add the onion, celery and carrot to the pan and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, bacon, onion mixture, chestnuts, sage and parsley. Whisk the egg into the stock mixture and add to the corn bread mixture. Season with salt and pepper and stir gently to mix.
- Transfer the dressing to the prepared baking dish and bake until browned and crispy, about 1 hour
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings