These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Nettles and Greens
<p>I have many requests for what to do with Nettles. Here is one fabulous way to eat this highly nutritious wild food!</p>Source: Marantha's Kitchen (Entered by Marantha Blackwell)
Serves: As much as you care to eat!
Step by Step Instructions
- Chop , cut , mince you ingredients
- Heat pan and add Olive Oil or (coconut butter) and toss in onions then garlic Note: garlic cooks faster than onions
- When alliums are the way you like them add chopped greens and add water to your pan (glazing) and cover with a lid. Lower heat
- Meanwhile your sweet potato is steaming on another burner.
- When sweet potatoes are soft enough add them to the mixed greens along with your Nettles and Herbs. Mix together.
- Add Braggs, seasoning and keep lid on pot to let flavored infuse
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings