These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
From Stones River Market
<p>Lin Richmond shares this recipe for cherry tomatoes. She has been using it regularly.</p>Source: http://leitesculinaria.com/76063/recipes-roasted-cherry-tomatoes.html#gdHWhW38ki076i5R.99 (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- To make the roasted cherry tomatoes, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar or maple syrup, and a scant 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour the mixture over the tomatoes and gently toss until well coated. Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer, cut-side up, and roast, without stirring, until the tomatoes shrink a bit and start to caramelize around the edges, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Nibble the roasted cherry tomatoes straight off the baking sheet. Or, if you aren’t using them immediately, let them cool and then scrape them into a clean glass jar along with any olive oil that was left in the baking dish or sheet.
- Notes: Sometimes I top off the jar with an added splash of olive oil. The tomatoes will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings