These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Stones River Market
<p>An easy way to store garlic for several months. I haven’t tried it yet, but plan to do so soon.</p>Source: online, author Tabitha Alterman (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
Serves: varies by quantity
1/2 lb or more bulbs garlic
1 tbsp per jar kosher or sea salt
gsiood quality vinegar
1 tbsp.per jar sugar (optional)
veggies or herbs (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel cloves of garlic and slice each one in half.
- Find a canning jar of the right size to hold your garlic (and any other veggies or herbsyou want to include.) Fill the jar loosely.
- Add your favorite vinegar to cover the garlic and veggies.
- Add one tablespoon salt to each jar. (sugar too, optional)
- Screw on lid, shake jar until crystals dissolve, and place garlic in refrigerator. Will last up to a couple of months.
- Suggested veggies: hot and sweet peppers or cucumbers. Suggested herbs: dill, thyme and rosemary.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings