These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Stones River Market
<p>A friend told me that garlic can be pickled, so I went online and found this easy recipe.</p>Source: Tabitha Alterman (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
Serves: varies with amount of garlic pickled
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel cloves of garlic and slice in half lengthwise.
- Find a clean canning jar of the right size to hold your garlic and any other vegetables or herbs you choose to pickle. Fill jar loosely.
- Pour vinegar over veggies to cover. Suggested veggies: sweet or hot peppers, cucumbers. Suggested herbs: dill, rosemary, or thyme.
- Add one Tbsp. salt per jar. Add sugar if desired.
- Close lid and shake jar until crystals are dissolved.
- Refrigerate jars until used. Will keep refrigerated for a couple of months.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings