These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>Sometimes a sub-sandwich or wrap-sandwich just needs a little pizzaz. 3-4 slices of pickled peppers is just the key. And being a capsaicin (i.e. (E)-N-(4-Hydroxy-3-methoxybenzyl) -8-methylnon-6-enamide, trans-8-Methyl-N-vanillylnon -6-enamide) wimp, I need the sweet ones to start with. So, I sneak only a little bit of fire in these beauties!</p>Source: Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Serves: 5 pints
Step by Step Instructions
- Pepper options include combinations of sweet or hot; banana, jalapeno, serrano, paprika, peperoncino, habanero
- Prepare your jars, lids and rings.
- In large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine peppers and set aside.
- In large stainless steel sauce pan, combine vinegar, water and garlic. Bring to boil, reduce and simmer for 5-8 minutes until garlic has infused liquid.
- Pack peppers into ½" head space, covering peppers.
- Wipe rim, place lid and rings on and tighten.
- Place jars in steam canner, and immerse insuring covered with at least 1" water.
- Bring to boil, process 10 minutes.
- Remove canner lid, waiting 5 minutes. Remove jars to counter and allow to seal 24hrs.
- Remove rings, confirm sealed and store.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings