These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Italian “Drunken” Noodles
<p>This is just an excuse to eat lots of noodles, tomatoes and peppers. Love it!</p>Source: Lost in time and space? (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Place a large, heavy-bottom pan or braising pot over medium heat; add olive oil and onion and stir/saute until browning.
- Add the salt, Italian seasoning and cracked black pepper, and stir to combine. Add sliced bell peppers, and allow those to sauté with the onion for about 2 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add garlic, and once it becomes aromatic, add in the white wine and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost completely reduced.
- Add diced tomatoes with their juice and diced Tofurky sausage, and gently fold the mixture to combine; allow it to gently simmer for about 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors, then turn the heat off; to finish the sauce, drizzle in about 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, add in the chopped parsley and half of the julienned basil; stir, and keep warm while you prepare the noodles.
- Prepare the pappardelle noodles according to instructions on package.
- Drain the noodles very well, and add them directly into the sauce, using tongs to gently toss and combine the pappardelle noodles with the sauce.
- Serve garnished with remaining basil, grated parmezan-flavor vegan topping (Galaxy Foods), and/or chopped parsley.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings