These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Tomatoes on Filo
<p>Simple, beautiful, and fresh.</p>Source: http://goodfoodeveryday.wordpress.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Coat an ovenproof dish with some olive oil.
- Open the packet of filo pastry. Take out a layer at a time and wrinkle it loosely on the pan, as artistically as you like. Repeat with a sheet at a time until you cover up the dish. Lightly brush the top with olive oil.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes, overlapping on top of the pastry keeping the edges exposed.
- Sprinkle the spring onions on top.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and fresh oregano.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350F for 10 minutes or until the pastry turns golden. Watch it closely, as it burns easily.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings