These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Breaded Pork Chops with Sage Cream Gravy
<p>This is a great recipe for using fresh sage!</p>Source: Everyday with Rachel Ray (Entered by Ann Brown)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a wide bowl, whisk 1/2 cup milk with the egg. In a dish, combine the panko and 1 tbsp each parsley and sage.
- Season the chops with salt and papper. Coat each chop with the egg mixture, then with the panko mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the chops and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet; reserve the skillet. Bake the chops until golden and just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until golden. Whisk in the remaining 1 cup milk and the cream.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tbsp each parsley and sage and bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the chops.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings