These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>And to say <strong>Ta Ta!</strong> to the summer season, celebrate (or cry) with a fresh bowl of cool and tangy vegetable soup.</p>Source: Not sure...the InterWeb (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- In the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, combine one-half of all vegetables, all of the almonds, bread, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Remove to large bowl.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the food processor/blender, and pulse until all ingredients are minced but still recognizable.
- Combine with puree. Test for salt and pepper.
- Chill soup for at least a couple of hours; soup needs to be very cold!
- Garnish with cilantro and fresh French bread drizzled with olive oil and grilled.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings