These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>And to say <strong>Ta Ta!</strong> to the summer season, celebrate (or cry) with a fresh bowl of cool and tangy vegetable soup.</p>Source: Not sure...the InterWeb (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small red onion, diced
1 cucumber, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 lbs tomatoes, diced
1 zucchini, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup red wine, balsamic or sherry vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2-1 jalapeno, finely diced
1/3 cup almonds
1 slice stale white bread, torn into pieces
1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, to taste
Step by Step Instructions
- In the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, combine one-half of all vegetables, all of the almonds, bread, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Remove to large bowl.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the food processor/blender, and pulse until all ingredients are minced but still recognizable.
- Combine with puree. Test for salt and pepper.
- Chill soup for at least a couple of hours; soup needs to be very cold!
- Garnish with cilantro and fresh French bread drizzled with olive oil and grilled.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings