These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Creole Stuffed Peppers
<p>Some wonderful flavors and a nice way to serve in its own dish. Use up those herbs you saved all season!</p>Source: Adapted from: Veganomicon (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease casserole dish with a little olive oil. Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Cut peppers lengthwise thru stem end. Remove seeds and membranes. Submerge peppers in boiling water and cover. Boil 5min and then drain and rinse with cold water immediately to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile heat oil in skillet and saute onions, jalapenos and carrots about 10min. Aim for browning the veggies; adjust heat higher to achieve. Add garlic 5 minutes into cooking process.
- Add bay leaves and other herbs and salt; saute for 1 more minute. Add tomatoes, beans and wheat berries, stir and cover for 10minutes. If too liquidy, remove cover to reduce liquid. Mix in parsley.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves. Sprinkle with Daiya cheddar and place in casserole dish. Bake 20-25min.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings