These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Roasted Rabbit With Garlic and Olives
<p>A delicious and easy roasted rabbit recipe with Mediterranean flavors. One of our favorites!</p>Source: modified from a Food Network UK recipe (Entered by Stephen Eichler)
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Coat rabbit in mixture.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 3 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Brown the rabbit in the skillet for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Mix garlic and olives with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle the rabbit with garlic, olives and thyme.
- Bake for about an hour. The USDA recommends cooking rabbit to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil aesthetically on a serving platter and arrange the rabbit on top.
- Scoop any fallen garlic and olives from the baking pan and sprinkle over rabbit.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings