These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Mushroom Stroganoff with Goat Cheese
<p>Mushroom Stroganoff. This hearty dish is prepare with only 10 min. prep time and 30 min cook time and yields 6 to 8 servings. This dish can be vegetarian with the substitution of vegetable broth for the beef broth.</p>Source: Alton Brown http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/mushroom-stroganoff-with-goat-cheese-recipe.html (Entered by Michael Wilmshurst)
Serves: 6 - 8 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Remove the stems and slice the mushrooms.
- Slice the Green Onions keep white bottoms and green tops separated.
- Add the noodles to 4 quarts of cold water in a 6-quart pot, cover and place over high heat. Cook to al dente, 18 to 22 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch straight-sided saute pan set over medium-high heat. Increase the heat to high, add the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt. Saute until they darken in color, soften and give off their liquid, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the white bottoms of the green onions and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine. Cook until the flour disappears and the fond on the bottom of the pan turns dark brown, about 1 minute. Deglaze with the beef broth. Bring to a simmer and decrease the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, and then add the sour cream, goat cheese and black pepper. Stir to combine, and then partially cover and bring to a simmer to warm through, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the noodles, add to the pan and stir to combine. Garnish with the green onion tops and additional black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2012
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings