These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Patty's "Fake" Potato Salad
From Dothan, Alabama
<p>I eat a very low carb diet and I’ve tweaked a substitute potato salad that uses cauliflower to make it my own.</p>Source: Me (Entered by Patricia Donovan)
Serves: 8 to 10
2 small heads Cauliflower
1 medium Onion
1/2 TBS dried Dill
4 Stalks Celery
4 Eggs, hard boiled
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1.5 TBS Mustard (Dijon or spicy brown)
3/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 TBS Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Green onion (greens only)
1/2 tsp Black pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut cauliflower into small florets (about 1/2")
- Steam Cauliflower until just fork tender, then cool
- Dice onions, celery and eggs. Dice greens from green onions very finely.
- Add onion, green onion, celery, eggs, dill, salt and pepper to cauliflower and mix well.
- Stir in mustard and mayonnaise, and vinegar. Add more mayo if needed. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Sprinkle with paprika to finish.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings