These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Collard-Wrapped Baked Salmon
From Foothills Market
<p>It can’t get healthier than this – salmon with health Omega-3 oils and collard greens with all the benefits of cruciferous vegetables. And it looks so sophisticated!</p>Source: adapted from zuzkalight.com (Entered by Market Manager)
Serves: 4 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large bowl, mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and lemon juice. Place fillets in the bowl and let them marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring about 6 cups of water to boil in a large pot. Place collard greens in the boiling water for about 20 seconds to wilt them slightly, then remove, drain away excess water, and set them aside.
- Season fillets on both sides with salt and pepper, and then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Wrap each fillet individually in one collard leaf and tie together with string to hold the leaf around the fillet.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings