These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Roasted Italian Parmesan Tomatoes
<p>This recipe is based on Roasted Tomatoes that were served to us at my cousin’s family farm in Northern Italy.</p>Source: McGuffey Herb & Spice Co. (Entered by Karen Purke)
Serves: Serves 6 as a side dish or appetizer
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking dish with parchment baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix grated Parmesan Cheese and Maria's Italian Mix. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to form moist mixture.
- Arrange the 12 Tomato slices on baking sheet and spoon a heaping 1/2 tsp. of herb mixture on top of each slice, dividing evenly.
- Use your finger tips to press herb mixture on tomatoe slice in an even layer.
- Bake until tomatoes are soft and topping begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Serve hot or warm
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings