These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sausage Stuffed Sweet Peppers
<p>Easy to make entree, just add a rice side.</p>Source: Steve Lunk (Entered by Steve & Carissa Lunk)
1 lb sausage
8 Marconi peppers or peppers of choice, pith and seeds removed
4 jalapeno peppers, pith and seeds removed, diced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Step by Step Instructions
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until browned. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the stem off of each Marconi pepper and discard. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Using the tip of the knife or a spoon, remove the seeds and pith. Do the same with the jalapenos, but then dice each jalapeno half.
- In a large bowl, mix the sausage, jalapenos and cheddar cheese.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Using a spoon, fill each pepper half with the sausage mixture. Set each filled pepper on the baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden and the peppers are soft. ENJOY!!!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings