These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Roasted Jalapeno Poppers
<p>This is an easy recipe for a tasty, spicy appetizer or side dish for pork or beef.</p>Source: Adapted from Rachel Ray on foodnetwork.com (Entered by John Zabel)
Serves: 4 to 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut 1/3 of each pepper off lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.* Place on oiled baking sheet. If peppers do not sit flat, slice thin slice off the bottom of the pepper so it will not roll around.
- Mash goat cheese, cream cheese, shredded cheese, parsley, and onion until well mixed. Add seasonings and mix. Stuff peppers shells firmly.
- Roast for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is brown at the edges and slightly bubbly.
- *Wear gloves when working with jalapeno peppers to avoid burning fingers.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings