These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Homestyle Sausage Gravy
From Greener Acres Farm
<p>“Get your comfort food fix this base recipe for classic sausage gravy. Perfect for a lazy morning and ready in less than 30 minutes!”</p>Source: http://homemadehooplah.com/recipes/homestyle-sausage-gravy/ (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
Serves: 4 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large skillet, cook and lightly brown the sausage over medium heat. Be sure to break sausage down into small crumbles while it cooks.
- After cooking, there should be 1 tablespoon of sausage grease in the skillet. Pour out any excess.
- Add butter to skillet and stir until melted.
- Dust sausage with flour, stirring frequently, until sausage is evenly covered. Allow sausage to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour milk into the skillet and stir. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings