These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Bowtie Pasta with Italian Sausage
From Greener Acres Farm
<p>If you like meat in your pasta, you will definitely love this Pasta Dish. It’s great, and the Italian Sausage adds that little bit of spice that makes it super delicious!!</p>Source: http://lilluna.com/bowtie-pasta-with-italian-sausage/ (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
Serves: 5 servings
1 16 oz pkg bow tie pasta
1 pound Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 - 2 14.5 oz cans Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, garlic, onion, and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt, basil and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings