These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Pasta with Butternut Squash and Spinach
<p>Homemade zucca (pumpkin shaped pasta)just seemed to be the perfect choice for this Butternut Squash and Spinach recipe. I was right! Simple and delicious.</p>Source: Epicurious (Entered by Deborah Spencer)
Serves: Serves 2-4
Step by Step Instructions
- Fill a 4-quart kettle three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for cooking pasta.
- Quarter, seed, and peel squash. Cut squash into 1/2-inch cubes. Coarsely chop spinach and mince garlic.
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté squash with salt to taste, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 7 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water and drain pasta in a colander.
- Add spinach and garlic to skillet with squash and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until any liquid is evaporated. Add pasta and reserved cooking water and bring to a boil. Season pasta with lemon juice and salt and pepper. Remove skillet from heat and toss pasta with Parmesan.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings