These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Cape Locally Grown
<p>“Embrace the joyful ride of eating with the seasons!” says Chef Joshua McFadden. This Spring Frittata makes a delicious brunch or great breakfast.</p>Source: Adapted by Sharla Green (Entered by Lance Green)
Serves: 4 - 5 servings
3 each Green Garlic or Green Onions
1/2 lb Asparagus
4 handfuls Spinach
1 pinch Seasoning Salt
Step by Step Instructions
- Saute green garlic and asparagus in 2 tbs melted butter in 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Toss in and wilt 4 handfuls of torn spinach in cast iron pan with green garlic and asparagus.
- Beat 6 eggs until slightly foamy. Pour into sauteed veggies and let sit for 1 min.
- Then lift the eggs with a silicone spatula and let them flow down until the top is firm.
- Then broil in oven for 1 to 2 min until brown.
- You can invert pan and cool till warm or eat right out of the skillet.
- Add seasoning salt to taste.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings