These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Pasta with Asparagus, Crispy Bacon and Parmesan
<p>Simple and simply delicious!</p>Source: Jamie Oliver (Entered by Deborah Spencer)
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Snap the woody bottoms off the asparagus and throw them away (or into the compost).
- Cut off the top 2-1/2 inches of each stalk, put aside and finely chop the remaining stalks.
- Heat a wide frying pan and gently fry the chopped asparagus stalks in a little olive oil with the bacon or pancetta. When the asparagus softens slightly, turn the heat off and mash the roughly with the back of a fork.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, according to package instructions. Add the asparagus and bacon.
- Stir in most of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. If needed loosen the pasta with a little of the cooking water.
- Serve with the last of the Parmesan sprinkles on top.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings