These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Stuffed Patty Pan Squash
From Dothan, Alabama
<p>Patty Pan Squash stuffed with a mixture of bacon, parmesan cheese, garlic and breadcrumbs. Try adding cooked italian sausage or ground beef. Substitute cooked rice for the breadcrumbs.</p>Source: www.food.com (Entered by Wendy Robbins)
Serves: 3 - 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring one inch of water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add squash, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, or until a fork can pierce the stem with little resistance.
- Drain, and slice off the top stem of the squash. Use a melon baller to carefully scoop out the centers of the squash. Reserve all of the bits of squash. (I used larger squash so discarded the seeds - warning the squash is very liquidy in the center so I drained it a bit after scooping.
- Mince the reserved squash.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl with the minced squash, mixing well.
- Stuff each squash to overflowing with the mixture, and place them in a baking dish. Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until squash are heated through.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings