These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Crockpot chicken wings in sorghum BBQ sauce
<p>The original recipe is from food.com and uses honey instead of sorghum. I like sorghum better – it adds a little smokiness to the flavor. Wings will be falling off the bone tender after cooking.</p>Source: food.com (Entered by Becky Parr)
Serves: About 4 - 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut off and discard wing tips. Either cut each wing joint to make sections or leave whole. Rinse wings, pat dry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place wings on broiler pan and broil about 6 inches from heat until brown, about 5 - 10 minutes on each side.
- Transfer wings to crockpot.
- Combine sorghum, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, oil, and garlic. Pour over wings.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings