These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Cajun Eggplant Casserole
From Stones River Market
<p>This is similar to the way I ate eggplant as a child in Louisiana. I have modified it to use roasted eggplant, which is so quick and easy to cook. You can change the proportions to make the amount you want.</p>Source: Kathy Ferris (Entered by Kathleen Ferris)
Serves: about 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Scoop out flesh of eggplant and chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion and peppers until soft.
- Add eggplant and stir well to keep from sticking. Saute a few minutes and then add condensed soup, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper. Mix well and remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add just enough bread crumbs to form soft mixture. Butter a casserole, add mixture, then top with extra crumbs. Bake at 325 degrees until lightly browned and heated through.
- I you should wish for a meat dish, you could add browned ground beef in step 3. My family likes it either way.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings