These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Homemade Spelt Hamburger Buns (using the bread machine)
From Greener Acres Farm
<p>~ They are hearty but still soft<br /> ~ Easy to make, utilizes the bread machine<br /> ~ The recipe makes enough to freeze some for later<br /> ~ They can be used for more than just hamburgers. (chicken salad, egg salad, dinner rolls, hot dog buns)<br /> ~ They are inexpensive</p>Source: http://www.amynewnostalgia.com/homemade-hamburger-buns-from-the-bread-machine/ (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
Serves: 16 buns
Step by Step Instructions
- Pour milk, water, melted butter and honey into a glass bowl. Microwave until warm, just to take the chill off. Add the egg.
- Pour into bread machine. Measure flour and put on top of wet ingredients. Make a little well in the flour, add yeast and salt.
- Set machine to dough cycle. When finished, take dough out, knead for a few turns, then divide into 16 pieces (12 for larger buns). Roll into balls, place on greased sheet (I used parchment paper instead), flatten tops down a bit, cover with a cloth and let rise 30 minutes until about doubled.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- *You can brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, coarse sea salt or whatever you would like.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings