These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Dothan, Alabama
<p>Goat roast done in electric pressure cooker</p>Source: Patty Donovan (Entered by Patricia Donovan)
1 2-3 lb Goat Roast
2 cups organic coffee
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Liquid Smoke
1 TBS Coconut oil (or oil of choice)
8 Cloves Garlic, diced or put through press
2 med Yellow Onions
2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
2 TBS Tomato paste
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Konjac (glucomannan) Flour (to thicken)
Step by Step Instructions
- Sear roast on all sides using coconut oil (easiest if your pressure cooker has a browning function).
- Slice onions and put in pot with roast
- Mix all the other ingredients EXCEPT KONJAC together and pour over roast
- Pressure cook on high for 45 minutes. Let steam release naturally for 20-25 minutes. Remove roast and let sit 8 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Remove onions and set aside. Slowly sprinkle the Konjac flour into the broth while whisking briskly. It's easiest if you have an immersion blender you can put right in the pot. Taste and add additional salt/pepper if necessary.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings