These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sweet and Savory Kale
<p>I made ¼ of this recipe the first time in order to test it. It was so good that I ate it all at once!</p>Source: Karen deLaubenfels (Entered by Nora Lea)
Serves: Serves 4-6
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until onion softens, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mustard, sugar, cider vinegar and chicken stock.
- Add kale, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add (optional) cranberries.
- Continue cooking on medium high heat, stirring often. The liquid should reduce by about half and cranberries (if used) will get plump in about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings