These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Classic Salmon Patties
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This is the recipe for salmon patties that I grew up with. You can add your own variations, such as herbs, chives, or minced vegetables to it as well. Use your own preference of oil to cook with, like butter or olive oil. If you don’t have the salmon burger meat, you can shred a filet.</p> <p>Also, you can use gluten-free Bisquick instead of flour, and it comes out the same.</p>Source: Michele Giddens (Entered by Market Manager)
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix eggs, salmon, flour, salt, pepper, and onion powder. You should have a slightly sticky mixture. If it is too dry, add a bit of water, if it is too wet, add more flour.
- Heat oil or butter in a skillet, just enough to cover the bottom, to medium.
- Use a tablespoon to drop in salmon patty mixture and flatten a bit in the skillet. (you could also form patties before hand and place in skillet) Cook a few at a time, but don't overcrowd skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes on one side, then turn. You should have a light, golden brown crust. Remove to plate with paper towel to drain any grease.
- Repeat batches until finished, adding more oil or butter as needed.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings