These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Looking for your next quarantine baking project? Consider trying out this delightful cake that can be made with the stone ground flour, the farm fresh eggs, and of course, the wonderful locally grown carrots that are available at Market2Go. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: Joy of Cooking cookbook (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Serves: Varies depending upon size of slices
Step by Step Instructions
- Allow ingredients to reach room temperature and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour before measuring, then resift with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- Mix the vegetable oil, sugar, and eggs together and add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add the grated carrot and the nuts/raisins if you are using them.
- Once the batter is well mixed, bake it for about an hour and 25 minutes in an 8-inch square pan that has been greased and floured.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings