These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sweet Potato Waffles
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This cozy waffle recipe uses locally grown sweet potatoes, stone ground flour, and farm fresh eggs and dairy! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.foodnetwork.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Serves: 4 waffles
Step by Step Instructions
- Steam the sweet potato cubes for about 20 minutes. Mash the steamed potatoes with a fork and set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set this mixture aside.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, butter, and grated orange rind. Add the flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture. Make sure they are thoroughly combined.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold them into the batter 1/3 at a time.
- Working in batches, scoop the batter onto a greased waffle iron and cook for about 5 minutes per waffle. You can use whatever toppings and sides you like, these are just a few suggestions!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings