These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Cabbage Roll Stew
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This hearty stew is a deliciously cozy way to enjoy cabbage! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.tasteofhome.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix the tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper together well. Set the mixture aside.
- Place the cabbage into a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook & crumble the ground beef and sausage along with the onion and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat for 7 to 9 minutes, then drain.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the cabbage in the slow cooker, then top them with the tomato mixture. Cook covered for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve in a bowl (with rice if desired), and sprinkle with chopped parsley (if desired)
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings