These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Creamy Butter Bean Casserole
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A delicious vegetarian casserole that uses the local produce and dairy available at Market2Go. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: https://therunawayspoon.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Soak the butter beans in cold water for 30 minutes and skim off any debris. Drain the beans and put them into a saucepan. Cover them with water (about ½ an inch), then bring to a boil and skim off any foam that rises. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and whisk in the flour. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Cook, whisking, until the mixture is smooth and thick. Remove from heat and fold in the butter beans. Layer one half of the mixture in a greased 8 by 8 inch casserole pan. Add the cheese and add the remaining bean mixture.
- Mix the bread crumbs, parsley a dash of salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Spread this breadcrumb mixture over the casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings