These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A rich, savory and flavorful dish that uses several locally grown vegetables! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: cookpad.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Grind the goat meat and bacon together using the "fine" setting on a meat grinder. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Mix the masala, garlic powder, curry powder, paprika, salt, turmeric, pepper, breadcrumbs, eggs, and milk with the ground goat meat until well combined, then chill for 30 more minutes.
- Roll into large meatballs, then place them onto a broiler pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Turn the meatballs over midway through cooking.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, put the onions and and olive oil into a deep frying pan and saute them. Add the garlic and tomatoes and sauté them as well. Add the bell peppers, jalapenos, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, paprika, and salt. Cover and simmer until the meatballs have finished cooking.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and toss to coat. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the meatballs with sauce and with naan bread and soft boiled eggs as a side. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings