These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This is a sweeter salsa. It goes great with chips as well as fish tacos!</p>Source: Sylvia Fountaine (Entered by Courtney Keith)
Serves: 2 Cups
Step by Step Instructions
- Finely chop the onions and jalapeno and place in a bowl.
- Toss with the lime juice and salt.
- Dice the persimmons, chop the cilantro and toss with the onion mixture.
- Taste, adjusting salt and lime, adding more to taste, until flavor pops!
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds (optional, but pretty).
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings