These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Rabbit Stew with Coconut Cream
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A Colombian recipe that uses rabbit meat, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic. Serve with rice. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.allrecipes.com (by user YAELIE24) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium- high heat. Fry the rabbit pieces until browned, then transfer the rabbit meat to a soup pot
- Place the onion, garlic, bell peppers, and the bird's eye pepper into the skillet and cook, stirring, until the onion is transparent, then put them into the soup pot.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, salt, and pepper to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer over medium-low heat for 2 hours.
- Temporarily remove the rabbit meat from the mixture (keep it warm). Cook the soup at high heat, and boil it until the liquid reduces by half.
- Lower the temperature and return the rabbit meat to the soup pot and add the coconut milk. Cook, stirring gently until the mixture has heated through. Serve with rice.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings