These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Strawberries & Cream Pancakes
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Pancakes served with homemade strawberry sauce and whipped cream! A great way to use the fresh, local strawberries available on Market2Go! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe, and if you have any additional topping suggestions, leave them in the comments below!</p>Source: lilluna.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE: Put the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes, then remove the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the half & half and the vinegar together. Let the vinegar mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the vinegar mixture, the egg, oil, and vanilla together, then add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Pour 1/4 of the strawberry sauce into the batter and stir it in.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet at medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray, then add the batter in 1/4 cup scoops in batches. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip the pancake over and cook for 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Serve the pancakes with the remaining strawberry sauce, whipped cream, whole strawberries, chocolate chips, and/or nuts.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings