These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Baked Zucchini Sticks
<p>A guilt-free way to enjoy “restaurant-style” zucchini sticks.</p>Source: King Arthur Flour (Entered by Ann Brown)
Serves: about 3 dozen sticks
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice zucchini nto 3"-long sticks. Place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let the zucchini drain for 1 hour or longer; rinse and pat dry.
- Combine Panko, Parmesan, and pizza seasoning; set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray with olive oil.
- Dredge sticks in the egg, then roll in the crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet. (You can substitute 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup (4 oz) egg substitute for the whole eggs.)
- Bake sticks for 12 minutes, turn over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately with your favorite dip, such as Sweet Onion Dip.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings