These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Delicious, healthy, and vegan! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: bellyfull.net (modified) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Olive oil
Seasoning of choice (optional)
Fresh or dried herbs of choice (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line at least 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Trim the leaves & roots off of the beets. Wash well, but do not peel the beets. Slice the beets into thin (1/16th inch) circles.
- Put the beet slices into a bowl, sprinkle them with salt, and gently toss to coat. Let slices sit 15 minutes.
- Drain any liquid from the bowl and pat the beets dry with a paper towel. Drizzle the slices with olive oil and gently toss to coat.
- Lay the slices out in a single layer on the baking sheets (do not let any slices touch). Bake for 25 minutes, flip them over, and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly, but add seasoning/s and/or herbs while warm. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings