These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Spinach Soup with Rosemary & Garlic
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This vegetarian soup is both healthy and filling! You can substitute other greens for spinach if you prefer. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: eatingwell.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
1 tablespoon Butter
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
1 clove Garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon Fresh rosemary (chopped)
3/4 teaspoon Salt
Pepper to taste
2 cups Potatoes (peeled & diced)
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
6 cups Spinach (tough stems removed)
OR chard leaves (tough stems removed)
A little nutmeg (for garnish, if desired)
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash and prepare the vegetables
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add the onion, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes (stir a little).
- Add the potatoes cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the broth, and raise the temperature a little to bring the soup to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Puree the soup with either an immersion blender or use a regular blender and blend a few cups at a time. Garnish with a bit of nutmeg if desired, then enjoy!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings